Saturday, August 30, 2008

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

I enjoy watching my grand children as they follow the Ewe characters, singing and dancing on the tunes in the Ewe animated series. These are the catchiest songs both entertaining and educational. They include: "Who Do Ewe Follow?", "Who Do Ewe Trust?" and "Do Ewe Share?” I am sure many children have benefited from watching, listening to and acting the Ewe parts. They learn about moral values: following the leader, listening and being obedient.

They always remind me of Jesus’ teaching in John 10. Like the sheep in the Ewe series, if we know our Lord, hear His voice and follow Him our lives are going to be happier and healthier.
John 10:14, 27 " I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
Our well being is a whole lot better if we follow Jesus daily, and not just when things are going our way and when times are good. Jesus said that those who love Him obey His commandments. We have to demonstrate our knowledge of our Lord and make a choice to follow Him each day, rather than wait until disaster hits. He should be our first priority and not our last resort.

No comments: