Saturday, January 3, 2009

Say what you want not what you feel

The Holy Spirit, my Mentor has been dealing with me concerning my tongue. My resolution for 2009 is to speak the blessing of God over my life and my loved ones regardless of the circumstances.
The Word of God is full of His promises and tells us His will for our lives. His plans for us are good. But how can we appropriate them? There are several things we have to do and one of them is guarding our tongues.

Charles Capps says in God’s creative Power: “Life and death are in the power of your tongue. Plant a crop for what you want not what you don’t want.” Page 130

Proverbs 18:20-21 says:
A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled .
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof
.” KJV

The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.” KJV
When we speak contrary to God’s will for our lives, we speak like the wicked and we partake of his reward.

The lips of the righteous nourish many.” (Proverbs 10:21)
May your words bless you and build your loved ones!

I wish you all a prosperous, fruitful and joyous 2009. I pray for the blessings of God to fill you, surround you and overtake you!

No comments: