Sunday, May 16, 2010

Don’t fall for emotional highs

“If it feels good it is right” But is it good for you? Most of our health problems today stem from this mentality. It tastes good therefore I must have it. I don’t like the taste; it is not sweet enough, and so on.
Do you realize that being led by our senses and emotions, does not only affect our lives but the lives of our loved ones as well? Consider a mother who eats recklessly or smokes endlessly and ends up with health complications; her irresponsible acts will impact not only her life but also the lives of her children, husband and relatives. Emotional indulgences of any type can be destructive. God gave us senses and emotions for our good. Can we use them to lead a life of fullness and joy?

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize
." 1 Cor. 9:25-27

No comments: