Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Holy Spirit gives us life

I looked at my life and wondered why I was not operating in His abundance. John 10:10 says: “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” I had been quoting the second part of this scripture for the better part of my life but there was neither physical nor financial abundance in my life. ‘Why Lord? Where am I failing?’ I kept on asking.

I was then led to John 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” I realized then that without Him I have no life. I treasure this scripture because it points to the two most vital aspects for life. The Spirit and the Word; as I am led by the Spirit I abide in the Word because the Spirit will always lead me to the Word.

The Holy Spirit confirms the truth in our hearts. The Spirit makes the Word alive in our lives. When we let Him be our mentor and do what He advises us to do then we walk in the abundant life. Even if it takes a little while it will still come!

No comments: